Terpene: Delta 3 Carene
Terpene: Delta 3 Carene (carene) is a bicyclic monoterpene. Carene occurs naturally as a component of turpentine, with content as high as 42% depending on the source.
Aroma: sweet and cedar
Fun Fact: Used to dry excess fluids like sweat, tears, running noses, and excessive menstrual flow. Also associated as the culprit behind the red eyes, cottonmouth, and dry throat.
Sources: cannabis, pine extract, bell pepper, basil oil, grapefruit and orange juices, citrus peel oils from fruits like lemons, limes, mandarins, tangerines, oranges, and kumquats.
- Increase the production of the proteins necessary for growth and repair, causing nonspecific cells to become bone cells and increasing the radius of calcium deposited in the bones.
- Suggests preventive treatment of osteoporosis.
- Low doses are more effective than high doses.
- Effective as a depressant of the nervous system
- Alleviating the symptoms of depression
- Stimulating memory and retentive memory
- Antinociceptive effects
- Anti-fungal properties
- Commonly associated to cause cottonmouth and red eyes